I was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Love Pirate! Basically, it sounds like a way for bloggers with less than 200 followers to get together and get to know each other. I love this!
The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. List 11 facts about myself
2. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (YAY!)
3. Let them know about the nomination
4. Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
5. Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
11 Facts about myself:
I really love palindromes
. I was born in 1991. I turned 11 in 2002. And my name is Anna! I’m excited to have a wedding on a palindrome (4-14-14?)
- I would so much rather email than make a phone call. I’m fabulous at sounding professional via email. Phone calls, not so much.
- My mom always thought I’d be a radio DJ so I’m working on a podcast so she can listen to my voice like she always dreamed (ha!)
- I danced at Southwest Contemporary Dance since the age of 3 and really owe a lot of my favorite childhood memories to dance.
- I think traveling is the best way to spend money. I want to go to Greece someday soon.
- My parents are happily married and my role models for happiness. I hope my marriage can be even a fraction of what they’ve built their’s into.
- If I had it my way, I would work in a cubicle and work at my own pace by myself all day long.
- I used to hate cats until I got our family cat, Bobbi. Then I got my baby Echelon from a cardboard box outside of Walmart. He is my therapy cat and without him, I have an extremely hard time sleeping (I’m basically a zombie right now because I haven’t had him about a month.)
- I grew up in a tight-knit Mormon community with 12 other girls my age. We still are all in communication and I can’t wait for another reunion!
- I was the lead in my high school musical. (Adelaide in Guys and Dolls.)
- I know how to work nearly every office appliance in the world: phones, copiers, fax machines, scanners, you name it I’ve probably used it. (My job is to float around and figure them out, basically.)
Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (no specific order)
- Wine With Ice
- Design Wine Sunshine
- Disney Postcards
- Password: Quilt
- Hot Moggie Lately
- 365 Days at Disney
- Forever Young
- Collect Create Circulate
- Mating Habits of the Modern Geek
Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
1. Do you play any musical instruments? If so, what? If not, what do you wish you could play?
I played the french horn pretty seriously. I dropped out because one specific person was very rude to me in high school and chose to be a math aid, which made me realize how good I am at explaining math! Yay!
2. Who is your favorite actor or actress and why?
Probably Colin Mochrie. Does that count? He’s my favorite of all time! Also Steve Carrell. And AMY POEHLER! Too many to choose from I guess.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I don’t care,just no snow please. In all seriousness, probably New Mexico or Arizona.
4. If you could go into space, would you?
Not just no, hell no. I hate heights and have a fear of falling.
5. What’s your favorite charitable organization?
I really like Best Friends because I think pet adoption is extremely important.
6. What’s the first movie you remember that made you cry?
Lion King. Ok maybe Snow White because I was straight up terrified of that haunted forest.
7. How many countries have you visited, if any?
Not enough! I’ve been to the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada (for family reunions,)
8. Here’s a cliche one: if you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Probably to be invisible. People aren’t always my favorite.
9. What one cause are you most passionate about?
Well this is kind of like the one before but I would definitely say pet adoption. I don’t like to know people are breeding animals than forking out a lot of money to buy them when poor animals are dying everyday that need love,too.
10. What book are you currently reading?
Paradox by Jim Al-Khalili
11. What Hogwarts house would you be in?
Probably Slytherin.. If we’re being honest.
Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
What’s your favorite number and why?
- What’s your favorite ride at Disneyland?
- Who’s your favorite Disney Villain?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- Would you rather use lined, plain or graph paper and why?
- Who is your best friend and why?
- What is your favorite word?
- If you had 10,000 dollars what would you do with it?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What’s your favorite blog post ever?
Have fun! I sure did! Thanks again Love Pirate (I might start calling my boyfriend that just for fun.)