Come find us and say hi!
This will be my first official plan for California Adventure so that’s news I guess. Now you know how I do California Adventure (or will do it.)
- Head to the Car’s Fastpass distribution. For those of you who haven’t been to California Adventure recently and haven’t seen the new Car’s Land, I’ve heard complaints of struggles with finding the Fastpass distribution. I will provide you with a map. Ok maybe I won’t because this computer won’t let me do it. 😦 It’s right by the entrance to Carsland though. So don’t go all the way to Radiator Springs.
- Yesterday at 8:00 AM the wait time was only 25 minutes for Radiator Springs so if that’s the case next week, I will ask my friends to wait in line.
- We will then probably head to Tower of Terror for the party to wait in line.
- Monster’s Inc
- If I’m forced to watch Muppet’s again I might go crazy but this would be a convenient time.
- If it’s early than 11:00 then Grizzly River Run would be a good one, if it’s after I would grab a Fastpass.
- California Soarin’ Fastpasses
- Paradise Pier. The rides on Paradise Pier are a little too scary for my sensitive stomach so I will probably swing on the Silly Swings and maybe do the Ferris Wheel. I don’t like the Swinging cars on the Ferris Wheel which is good because the wait is usually about twice as long!
So hopefully this will all work out and life will be fabulous as always. I’ll let you know how it goes!
I just BARELY read a post by Confessions of a Disnerd that new updates to Indiana Jones have been made. Check out the link to see the video from Touring Plans. Touring Plans has a primary focus of Disney World so this may not be true for Disneyland.
A week from yesterday, I will be at Disneyland! Let me start by telling my friends here if you are planning to go that day, come find me and give me a high five please! I will post a picture the day of so you can find me in my sweet shirt.
This trip will be different than any Disney trip I’ve been on. I’m going with my boyfriend’s family. Unfortunately, this means I will have to go at a normal person pace. You see, part of why I rode all the rides by noon last time I visited Disneyland, was because I walk at the speed of light in Disneyland. I’m preparing myself to calm the heck down on Monday. SO, this plan will be a more realistic plan. My boyfriend’s family ultimately gets to decide what we’re doing, so this is very much a rough sketch. BUT I promise you that this time I will have the most detailed explanation of what I did, when I did it and how long I waited, you’ll feel like you were wiith me. You lucky dog.
- I will go grab fast passes for Space Mountain. It’s what I always do first because it is my all time favorite.
- We will head to Matterhorn. Unless you’re ok doing single rider (and I have a feeling we won’t do much single rider this time) everything in Fantasyland is best done EARLY.
- Peterpan. Let me take a moment to gush over how incredible my boyfriend is and tell you he LOVED FANTASYLAND!! I was thinking he would for sure do Snow White and say “alright that’s enough let’s go back to Indiana.” But he loved Fantasyland just like me. It’s a summer miracle.
- Alice in Wonderland
- Snow White
- Probably head to Indiana Jones.
So Monday we will strictly be in Disneyland, and Tuesday we will head to California Adventure. i tracked times to get an idea of what Monday will be like yesterday, but this POS work computer only has the “view only” option on excel documents. From just looking at the numbers, it looks like it was busiest from 3-5. Because we are going at normal people speed, I suspect we will do the normal person activity of napping about this time. Ryan wants to see the parade again, and I’m sure his mom would as well, so we will be back in time for the 6:30 show.
I’ll let you know tomorrow what our plan for California Adventure is. I suspect it will be a whole lot of Tower of Terror and California Screamin’ (while I swing my life away).
Let me know when you’re going back to Disneyland next!
My most popular post/page by FAR is my about me section. Here is a quick little personal blog post I have written about things I wish someone would have told me before I started college away from home.
Tomorrow I will have a regular (for me) post I PROMISE! I’ve been tracking times all day.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Love Pirate! Basically, it sounds like a way for bloggers with less than 200 followers to get together and get to know each other. I love this!
The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. List 11 facts about myself
2. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (YAY!)
3. Let them know about the nomination
4. Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
5. Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
11 Facts about myself:
I really love palindromes. I was born in 1991. I turned 11 in 2002. And my name is Anna! I’m excited to have a wedding on a palindrome (4-14-14?)
- I would so much rather email than make a phone call. I’m fabulous at sounding professional via email. Phone calls, not so much.
- My mom always thought I’d be a radio DJ so I’m working on a podcast so she can listen to my voice like she always dreamed (ha!)
- I danced at Southwest Contemporary Dance since the age of 3 and really owe a lot of my favorite childhood memories to dance.
- I think traveling is the best way to spend money. I want to go to Greece someday soon.
- My parents are happily married and my role models for happiness. I hope my marriage can be even a fraction of what they’ve built their’s into.
- If I had it my way, I would work in a cubicle and work at my own pace by myself all day long.
- I used to hate cats until I got our family cat, Bobbi. Then I got my baby Echelon from a cardboard box outside of Walmart. He is my therapy cat and without him, I have an extremely hard time sleeping (I’m basically a zombie right now because I haven’t had him about a month.)
- I grew up in a tight-knit Mormon community with 12 other girls my age. We still are all in communication and I can’t wait for another reunion!
- I was the lead in my high school musical. (Adelaide in Guys and Dolls.)
- I know how to work nearly every office appliance in the world: phones, copiers, fax machines, scanners, you name it I’ve probably used it. (My job is to float around and figure them out, basically.)
Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (no specific order)
- Wine With Ice
- Design Wine Sunshine
- Disney Postcards
- Password: Quilt
- Hot Moggie Lately
- 365 Days at Disney
- Forever Young
- Collect Create Circulate
- Mating Habits of the Modern Geek
Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
1. Do you play any musical instruments? If so, what? If not, what do you wish you could play?
I played the french horn pretty seriously. I dropped out because one specific person was very rude to me in high school and chose to be a math aid, which made me realize how good I am at explaining math! Yay!
2. Who is your favorite actor or actress and why?
Probably Colin Mochrie. Does that count? He’s my favorite of all time! Also Steve Carrell. And AMY POEHLER! Too many to choose from I guess.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I don’t care,just no snow please. In all seriousness, probably New Mexico or Arizona.
4. If you could go into space, would you?
Not just no, hell no. I hate heights and have a fear of falling.
5. What’s your favorite charitable organization?
I really like Best Friends because I think pet adoption is extremely important.
6. What’s the first movie you remember that made you cry?
Lion King. Ok maybe Snow White because I was straight up terrified of that haunted forest.
7. How many countries have you visited, if any?
Not enough! I’ve been to the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada (for family reunions,)
8. Here’s a cliche one: if you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Probably to be invisible. People aren’t always my favorite.
9. What one cause are you most passionate about?
Well this is kind of like the one before but I would definitely say pet adoption. I don’t like to know people are breeding animals than forking out a lot of money to buy them when poor animals are dying everyday that need love,too.
10. What book are you currently reading?
Paradox by Jim Al-Khalili
11. What Hogwarts house would you be in?
Probably Slytherin.. If we’re being honest.
Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
What’s your favorite number and why?
- What’s your favorite ride at Disneyland?
- Who’s your favorite Disney Villain?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- Would you rather use lined, plain or graph paper and why?
- Who is your best friend and why?
- What is your favorite word?
- If you had 10,000 dollars what would you do with it?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What’s your favorite blog post ever?
Have fun! I sure did! Thanks again Love Pirate (I might start calling my boyfriend that just for fun.)
I realize this has nothing to do with math but it has a whole lot to do with Disney. In my humble opinion, bringing Captain EO back was BRILLIANT!
What is it about Captain EO that is so fun? I have no idea. Going to Disneyland without seeing the 3D show seems to be missing something. This last trip I went to the show (of course) and as it ended the little boy behind me said loudly “The Lincoln show was better than that!” So I realize everyone has their own opinion but I adore this show. In fact, the only thing I’ve ever bought at Disneyland is this gem.
Perhaps it’s the memories of belting out the music that makes me love the show so much, or maybe the fact that I think Michael Jackson is the most incredible artist in history. No matter the excuse, I think Captain EO is a must at Disneyland
Do you think Captain EO is better than Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Do you go check out this show every time too? I’m curious if I’m just crazy. (I am, I realize that.)
Hooter!! (That’s for you Jac)
Well I guess there’s not much to say if you read the title. After a lot of anxiety and font changes, my sister and I finally settled on a design and manufacturer.
This would be a great time for me to make a plug for Skyline Shirts. I contacted probably seven different screen printers both local and online and Skyline was beyond helpful. I told them a price I wanted to keep it under and they assured me I could keep it cheap, and do the design I had in mind. After I ordered it I noticed the free shipping option wouldn’t get it to me until after I leave for my next Disney vacation. So I contacted them to see if anything could be done and if the ETA was accurate. They kept it free and assured me I will get it the day before I leave! I am so grateful to all the help they gave me because I’ve been stressing (for really no reason) over these t-shirts. Enough talk, let me show you the shirt!
So for those of you who ordered one, this is what you have to look forward to. I know I am beyond excited for my shirt! If you like the design and logo, then you like Ellen. My sister is incredibly talented and has been way helpful. I’m a math person so I needed all the designer help I could get. Check out her awesome site/resume here.
I’ve been busy making friends! My stats for page views are way up. Probably mostly because I posted like 12 things yesterday but whatever gets me attention right? (In the best way possible of course.)
So yesterday was a great for me in terms of getting wait times documented. I’m feeling good about myself. It was a pretty busy day as a whole, as you suspect a weekend to be.
I am so glad that I don’t find Splash Mountain fun. If you are normal, and do like Splash Mountain, definitely do not wait in that line. That would be a complete and total waste of time. Get Fastpasses or do single rider.
So after looking at this, I thought it would be interesting to take an average wait time for the day without Radiator Springs. Turns out it brings the average down by 6 minutes. (For those that don’t do a lot of averages, that is a massive change.)
I have heard on several occasions people feeling like they don’t wait as long at California Adventure. Well the fact of the matter is wait times are very similar, there are just more things to wait for at Disneyland. But keep thinking optimistically that will get you far in life.
Don’t forget we’ve got shirts available. I’m putting in an order today so i’m excited to post some pictures of us in them!
Check out a few cool friends I’ve met:
It was definitely the least “happy” Disney trip I’ve had. So props to Disneyland for still making me a little happy. Let me start by saying I completely take back what I said about Anaheim Harbor RV Park. I will never stay here again. I had all of my things stolen from me and the manager seemed like it was an everyday event, and really didn’t care. So don’t stay at this campsite to save money.
We didn’t get to the park until 9:30. If you’ve been reading my posts you know that this is NOT efficient practice. The day was pretty dead and so we were lucky to still ride everything we wanted to by 11:30. Here is the list and order of what we did
- Space Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Space Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear
- Indiana Jones
- Star Tours
After this point I can’t remember exactly the order of events but I will say we did Space Mountain 3 more times and Matterhorn quite a few more. Let me put a plug in here as well for Single Rider. I’m not sure why I was forgetting how great this is, but definitely take advantage of this. We sure did on Matterhorn and it was so worth it!
We did some things that I had never done because I let Ryan guide us for approximately two hours. He opted to wait in a very long (air conditioned) line to meet Mickey. I probably wouldn’t ever do this again but it got us this cute picture so it was worth it.
We also sat through a little show about a robot called ASIMO invented by Honda. My very technologically savvy boyfriend loved it. I wouldn’t watch it again. It was a very cheesy and scripted but the robot was pretty dang cool. I admit it. More info on Asimo
I had a fabulous time despite the constant reminder of the fact that I didn’t have a cell phone and was wearing a completely awful outfit but I’m excited to head back at the end of August!
I am making Mickey Math t-shirts mostly just because I want one. If anyone else would like one please let me know what size! (Men’s and women’s sizes available) Right now they would be 12$ a shirt but that’s only ordering enough for my immediate family so the price will probably go down a bit. Please let me know if you’re interested!
It will look something like this and the back will have the website on it. Thanks again to everyone!